2.04.2013

DIY Mug

    
     Mugs are absolutely essential to my everyday routines. Honestly, most days the only things I drink are coffee and tea. So naturally I decided I needed a mug that fit my general aesthetic.

My usual mug:


In my craft stash I found what I wanted:

What I did:
1) I taped the bottom of the cup and handle so I could have a straight line
2) I mixed the pearlizing medium with the blue acrylic paint so I could have a blue with some depth
3) I painted the bottom of the cup (3 coats)
4) Once the blue dried, I painted two coats of gloss over the blue
5) Put the cup in oven (not pre-heated) and baked the cup at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 mins
6) Turned off the oven and let the cup cool
7) Once cooled, I removed the cup from the oven and let the cup sit for 2 days
  
I baked the cup so that I shouldn't have to worry about the paint when washing the cup. It should also be noted that you shouldn't paint with acrylic paint anywhere that will come in contact with your mouth or hot liquids (regularly).