2.24.2017

Finshed - Black Jacket With Removable Collar



Winter coats are a must... at least when you live somewhere that is cold more often than it's warm. It's great to have options and choices to keep you warm. For some time now I've been looking around looking for a short warm winter coat. Jackets are one of the few things that I usually still buy instead of sewing. The problem is that even though bomber jackets are all the rage recently, it's almost impossible to find one warm enough to wear in winter. Since I didn't really have a choice, I decided to sew myself what I wanted. It might not look like much in this photo because I had it smooshed into my suitcase while traveling but it is exactly what I wanted. 


Considering I didn't actually have a pattern for this coat I went fancier than I usually do on a first attempt. I used a nice warm wool and an even warmer quilted lining; making it deliciously warm without being bulky. It's perfect for winter and with all the bells and whistles I added (zippers, pockets, snaps, and removable faux fur collar) I made a coat which I think is super cute. It's great having a casual jacket to wear when the occasion calls for it.