12.01.2013

Diy Cascade Cardigan


With the looming winter I decided I desperately need a warm cardigan that would be great for layering. A quick project that I made in a great warm maroon fabric. 



McCall's M6444
I had this McCall's pattern that I hadn't used that I thought would be a quick and easy piece to make. It ended up not being as quick as a thought mostly because the instructions on how to sew the collar to the back were a bit unclear. Because of the fabric I used I decided to just leave the raw edges on the cascading part mostly because I thought they looked fine the way they were. The wrong side of the fabric that you can see on the cascading part actually look a lot better than they do in the picture. Other than adding 3 inches to the sleeves (to compensate for my apparently extra long arms) I used the size small pattern as is.