9.06.2014

Diy Muesli Mix


I decided some time ago I would move towards living and eating healthier. Slowly I've changed habits in a lot of different areas of my life. In terms of my diet, I'm moving towards not eating any processed foods (I haven't gotten there as of yet). This has lead me to a new appreciatiation of eating muesli. There are so many options at the local grocery store to pick from that you could spend months experiementing. The whole "no processed foods" however, has cut into the different options I have. It really defeats the idea of eating healthier if the muesli I'm choosing is chock full of sugar. So inspired by the muesli I've loved the most recently I decided to make my own mix. 


Ingredients: Left to Right
Sliced Almonds - 1/2 cup
Pumpkin Seeds - 1/2 cup
Sunflower Seeds - 1 cup
Rye Flakes - 3 cups

Just add all your ingredients to a container and mix. When I eat it I usually add chopped apple pieces (I have a surplus at the moment from my apple tree) and sugar free soy milk.