8.19.2015

New In - Summer Shawl Collar Dress


I love the feeling of having a new dress. There's something about a dress that excites me more than other pieces of clothes. What makes that weird for me to say is that, I think I've mentioned before, I don't really like buying/making dresses. Usually when given a choice, I'd pick any other piece of clothing over a dress. It's not because I don't like dresses - I do - It's because I don't like how a dress is usually the entire outfit. I love clothes and I love variety. And usually there is just less variety in the possible outfit possibilities when dealing with a dress. That being said, I love a nice dress and I think I made myself a pretty cute one.

  

I'm pretty happy with the end result, but this dress wasn't much fun to make. There were a million different ideas going around in my head before and during sewing this. I used part of a pattern for the top (Vogue V8931 which I used before here) and then just added a skirt to it. Once I did all that I thought it needed some jazzing up. To finish it off, I added a frilly trim and the exposed zipper.  If the fabric looks familiar it's the same one I used here. Hopefully I'll get another wear out of this one before it turns could over here.